Soup gelatin forms the liquid base for steamed dumplings. I tried to figure a way around it. But it was the only ingredient that could make the soup base. I tried looking for it in the store pre-made. No such luck. I looked online and found recipes that required animals bones, homemade stock and consomme.
I will always look for the easy way to make my ingredients.
Because truthfully, I want to concentrate on the main dish – it makes the recipe more user friendly.
Lazy woman’s soup gelatin
Makes >60 3/4-inch cubes (varies based on size of pan used for setting).
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pork bouillon cube
- 2 packets of unflavored gelatin
- Bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add bouillon cube and stir until dissolved completely.
- Add both packets of unflavored gelatin and stir until dissolved completely.
- Pour mixture into a square baking dish or loaf pan. Refrigerate until firm.
- As an ingredient, turn onto cutting board and cut into 3/4-inch cubes.